Health benefits of Jicama
- Jicama is one of the very low calorie root vegetables; carrying only 35 calories per 100 g. However, its high quality phyto-nutrition profile comprises of dietary fiber, and anti-oxidants, in addition to small proportions of minerals, and vitamins.
- It is one of the finest sources of dietary fiber; particularly excellent source of oligofructose inulin, a soluble dietary fiber. The root pulp provides 4.9 mg or 13% of fiber. Inulin is a zero calorie sweet inert carbohydrate. It does not undergo metabolize inside the human body which make jicama an ideal sweet snack for diabetics and dieters.
- As in turnips, fresh yam bean tubers are also rich in vitamin C; provide about 20.2 mg or 34% of DRA of vitamin C per 100 g. Vitamin-C is a powerful water-soluble anti-oxidant that helps body scavenge harmful free radicals, thereby offers protection from cancers, inflammation and viral cough and cold.
- It also contains small levels of some of valuable B-complex group of vitamins such as folates, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid and thiamin.
- Further, the root provides healthy amounts of some of important minerals like magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
jicama ( sankhalo ) শাঁখ আলু - मिश्रीकंद- 1kg
- Product Code: jicama ( sankhalo )
- Availability: 2-3 Days