Below are the parsley benefits, which should give you a better understanding on this herb.
Skin Benefits Of Parsley:
The skin care properties of parsley are not much recognized and are highly under-rated. Some of the benefits of parsley for skin are as follows.
1. Reduces Wrinkles, Fine Lines and Scars:
Since Vitamin C is not naturally present in the body, we need to consume it in sufficient amounts through food. The in parsley nourishes the skin from within to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and scars. Consuming parsley stimulates the production of collagen in the skin and promotes cell reproduction and repair. This leads to faster growth of new skin which results in blemish free, even and smooth skin.
2. Improves Healing:
Parsley contains beta carotene which is converted to Vitamin A for proper maintenance and repairing of skin. Thus eating parsley improves skin’s elasticity, which battles wrinkles and speeds up the wound healing process.
3. Erases Under Eye Dark Circles:
· To create parsley under eye pack, chop a handful of parsley roughly and squish it to release its juice.
· Mix it with 1 teaspoon of yogurt and apply it on the under eye region.
· Or you can even soak cotton balls in parsley juice and keep it under the eyes for 10 minutes.
· Do this twice a week to reduce dark circles.
4. Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties:
The volatile oils, eugenol particularly, present in parsley provides antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which is useful for treating acne, pimples, skin infection and to disinfect pores. Parsley oil is easily available in the market. Never apply parsley oil directly to the face as it can burn the skin.
· Dilute parsley oil with carrier oil like olive or almond oil and then apply it to the face. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
· A mixture of parsley, apple-cider vinegar and tea tree oil can also help keep your skin blemish free.
5. Clear and Glowing Skin:
Consuming parsley abundantly helps to balance excess sebum secretion in oily skin. It further helps to which might otherwise lead to acne outbreaks. Zinc in parsley controls skin inflammation and promotes skin regeneration. It also reduces the redness and diminishes acne blemishes.
6. Fights Free Radicals:
7. Healthy Skin:
Parsley contains minerals like calcium, potassium, manganese, copper and zinc which are essential for . Extract the juice from the leaves and mix it with 200 ml of water. Drink this concoction daily to get healthy skin.
8. Prevents Acne and Zits:
· Take some parsley in a bowl and mash it using a spoon or fork. Add 2 teaspoon of honey to it and mix it thoroughly till the honey turns green.
· Apply it on the face and wash it off after 10 minutes.
· Follow it up with a moisturizer of your choice.
Both honey and parsley contain antibacterial properties which treat pimples and keep the skin smooth and nourished. Use fresh parsley leaves instead of dried parsley for preparing this pack.
9. Homemade Facial Treatment:
You can also use dried parsley as a facial treatment.
· Take a spoonful of dried parsley leaves and add it to 200 ml of water.
· Boil it for at least 20 minutes.
· Remove it from the flames and let it cool in room temperature.
· You can use this water to rinse you face once or twice a day.
· Prepare fresh rinse daily to obtain maximum benefits.
10. Prevents Dark Spots and Skin Discoloration:
· Take one medium sized bundle of parsley leaves and soak it in warm water.
· Chop it finely and then crush it in a mortar.
· Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it and mash it up well.
· Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser and then apply this pack on the face, focusing on the blackhead areas.
· Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. This face pack will refresh and revitalize the skin.
11. Acts as an Effective Cleanser:
· Take a blender and blend a handful of parsley leaves with yoghurt.
· Grind it thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
· Add 1 teaspoon of oatmeal and a few drops of tea tree oil to it.
· Apply it on clean face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
Parsley Indian - পার্সলে - अजमोद
- Product Code: Parsley Indian
- Availability: 2-3 Days