Lemons have citric acid so they taste acidic. The juice helps to form alkaline in the body and is used in cooking as well as various other things.
Here is an exhaustive list of the health benefits of lemon:
1. Cold Immunity:
Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential to keep you immune from cough and cold. Lemons contain flavonoids which work against viruses and keep the body fit.
2. Restores the Body’s pH Balance:
Lemons help alkalize the body by restoring the pH balance of the body.
3. Eases Bowel Movement:
Drinking lemon juice with warm water in the morning will help in giving regular and easy bowel movement. Following a lemonade diet is beneficial for those with troubled bowel movements.
4. Helps Dissolve Uric Acid:
Lemon juice helps to dissolve uric acid and other poisons. It also helps to liquefy the bile. All this helps to stimulate the liver and detoxifies it.
5. Avoids Gastric Troubles:
In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, lemon is greatly valued as it helps to help with gastric troubles. It helps to keep vision safe, is pungent and works as an astringent.
The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize the free radicals which cause aging and diseases.
Lemon has been discovered to be the only food in the world which is anionic (ion with negative charge). Hence it is very important for the body.
8. Good for Eyes:
Eye disorders have shown improvement with consumption of lemon which has rutin.
Lemon has been discovered to have 22 anti-cancer compounds. These include limonene that slows down the growth of cancer tumors and flavonol glycosides which can stop cell division in cancer cells.
10. Fights Intestinal Worms:
Lemon benefits includes its ability to help destroy the presence of intestinal worms
11. Effective Against Parkinson’s:
Lemon peel has tengeretin which has been proved to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
Lemon is known for its antibacterial properties and can destroy malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other bacteria.
13. Strengthen Blood Vessels:
Vitamin p in lemon helps to strengthen blood vessels
14. Blood Pressure:
15. Treat Scurvy:
Vitamin C present in lemon helps to treat scurvy. British navy stocks its ships with lemons to help the sailors to have at least an ounce of lemon juice each day.
16. Kidney Health:
The citric acid in lemon helps to dissolve gall stones, kidney stones as well as calcium deposits.
Skin Benefits Of Lemon:
Lemon is a great astringent and can be used as a skin astringent as well.
18. Remove Excess Oil from Skin:
Lemon juice can work wonders for oily skin. Using lemon juice on skin can help reduce the excess oiliness of the skin.
Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic and if used within a facial mask, it can help clear oil and dirt as well as bacteria which cause breakouts.
20. Reduce Acne:
Lemon juice is very effective to reduce acne. Use a small cotton bud dipped in freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply this on acne to help reduce its appearance.
21. Remove Scars:
Lemon juice is also said to be effective on pimples and acne scars. Using freshly pressed lemon juice over scars after cleansing face in the evening will help reduce the appearance of scars.
22. Lighten Blemishes:
Use lemon juice to lighten the freckle marks effectively. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice on freckles before going to bed at night. Follow the method for two weeks to see the freckles appear lightened.
23. If you feel the raw juice is too strong for your skin, add a little water to dilute it. This way the intensity will lessen.
24. Lighten Age Spots:
Use lemon juice to make age marks less visible. Use lemon juice on the body parts such as elbows, knees, face, hands to get smooth skin and less visible age marks.
25. Healthy Nails:
Lemon juice works great for nails as it has vitamin C which makes nails healthy and strong.
· To help keep nails healthy immerse the nails in a bowl of lemon juice for about 10 minutes.
· Then immerse them in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar.
· Rinse off with water and see the difference in your nails.
Hair Benefits Of Lemon:
26. Condition Dry Hair:
Lemon works great to condition dry and damaged hair.
· Apply the mixture on hair and cover with a plastic wrap for half an hour.
Some Miscellaneous Uses Of Lemon:
27. Cleaning the Microwave:
Lemon peel is great for cleaning the micro oven. Sometimes food explosions create a mess and food items get stuck to the oven’s inner surface.
· Use lemon rind to get rid of these messes.
· Soak some rind into a microwave safe bowl and add water to it.
· Then microwave it for 5-6 minutes on high and watch out for the water to boil so that the steam fills the microwave.
· The condensed steam will help soften the messy food items.
· Take out the bowl and carefully clean using a towel.
28. Kitchen Grease:
Sometimes we have a greasy spot on the stove, or on the kitchen table or maybe the dining table which is very hard to remove. This problem can be fixed using a lemon.
· Take a lemon and cut it in half
· Use one piece sprinkled with salt to rub on the greasy spots.
· Then rub with a clean towel.
29. Cleaning Chopping Boards:
· The chopping boards are often neglected and many bacteria may grow on it.
· Use lemon to gently refresh those cutting boards.
· Take a lemon and cut it in half
· Now rub over the board and rinse with water.
30. Cleaning Steel:
Steel sinks and pots get dirty with water sediments and other deposits over them. Use lemon juice to get rid of them quickly.
· To clean these items, just use lemon juice on the needed spots
· Rinse after a while and gently buff with a cloth to get rid of the stains.
31. Delicious Garnishing:
Use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips from lemon to add as garnishing to drinks and cocktails. These look great. You may also use a knife to make the long peels. Store these peels in a sealed container or freezer safe bag and refrigerate for future use.
32. Keep Sugar Dry:
Gandhoraj lebu / Green lime - গন্ধরাজ লেবু - 2pcs
- Product Code: Gandhoraj lebu / Green lime
- Availability: 2-3 Days