1. Onions have anti-biotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and carminative properties to help you stay away from infections.
2. Onions are rich in sulphur, fibers, potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C and they are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
3. It is an immediate cure for fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies etc. A mixture of onion juice and honey can cure these problems easily.
4. A small piece of onion can work against side effects of fever if it’s kept on the fore head.
5. A small piece of onion when inhaled can stop or slow down the bleeding through the nose.
6. An onion a day can cure insomnia or sleeping disorders. This will surely give you a good night sleep.
7. Onions can improve digestive system. If you have digestion problem, then onions can cure it by increasing the release of digestion juices.
8. Onion juice can cure burnt skin or an insect bite or a bee bite. It may burn more but it can heal it very effectively.
9. Onions can be used to prevent cancers. It works against head, neck and colon cancers.
10. You can protect yourself from Osteoporosis and Atherosclerosis by consuming onions daily.
11. Onions increases insulin in the body and also treats diabetes by controlling the sugar levels in the blood.
12. The bad cholesterol that causes heart problems can be burnt or removed if onions are consumed daily. It keeps you stay safe from the coronary diseases and also protects the good cholesterol.
13. Inflammation from Arthritis in the joints which can be healed with onions.
14. There is a small trick with onions to get some relief from body pains. Onions should be fried in sesame or castor oil and can be used to heal any aches.
16. Onion juice is also used to cure ear and eye problems. This juice is used for infants as eye drops for clear vision.
17. This is also used for toothaches and tooth decaying.
18. Onions have rejuvenation properties on the body tissues.
19. For few types of moles, onion juice works efficiently by removing them.
20. For good memory and strong nervous system, consuming onions is your best bet.
21. Onions cure menstrual disorders. Raw onions should be consumed before a few days at the beginning of your cycle.
23. Onions contain water, protein, fats, starch, fibers, minerals, calcium, vitamin C, iron and B complex.
You should consume between 100 – 150 grams of onions in any form depending on your likes and dislikes.
Onion: Skin Benefits
This humble vegetable can provide you with healthy and glowing skin, thanks to the presence of rich amounts of antioxidant vitamins A, C and E. Both consumption and topical application of onions can provide numerous benefits to your skin.
24. Anti-ageing Benefits:
Onions possess enormous anti-ageing benefits. The antioxidant vitamins A, C and E fight against the damage caused by harmful UV rays as well as prevent free radical damage which is responsible for causing premature ageing of our skin. Onion is one of the richest sources of quercetin, the most powerful antioxidant that can keep your skin wrinkle-free. Vitamins and sulphur, on the other hand, protect your skin, and keep it soft and supple. The anti-ageing qualities of onion can be attributed to the presence of sulphur-rich phytochemicals. Massaging your skin with fresh onion juice helps increase blood circulation and improves the overall appearance of your skin by imparting a more youthful and radiant appearance.
25. Treatment of Acne:
The anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities of onion can work wonders on your skin. It is a powerful antiseptic which protects your skin from acne-causing bacteria and other skin infections. Onions can be used in the treatment of acne and pimples. For this purpose, you can mix 1 tablespoon of onion juice or extract with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and apply it on your face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash off. Apart from topical application, regular consumption of onion can also give you miraculous results in case of acne.
26. Lightens the Complexion:
Onions help in purifying your blood and supply your body with flavonoids which assist Vitamin C in its important functions. The consumption of onions can keep your skin healthy and glowing. You can prepare your own face mask by combining 1 ½ tablespoons freshly extracted onion juice with 2 tablespoons gram flour, ½ teaspoon milk and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix all these ingredients to form a thick paste and add some more milk if required to reach the desired consistency. You can also add few drops of lavender essential oil to beat the smell of onions. Apply it all over your face after cleansing and leave for 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries. Dab a cotton ball in milk and remove the pack by massaging in gentle circular movements. This will exfoliate the dead skin cells as well as lighten the skin tone.
27. Treatment of Dark Spots and Pigmentation:
Onion juice is excellent for and pigmentation. The rich variety of phytonutrients and antioxidants in onion nourish your skin while removing skin impurities. You can prepare a face pack by mixing equal quantities of onion juice and fresh yogurt. You can also add a few drops of any essential oil for a pleasant aroma. Massage your face with this mixture, using gentle circular movements for 10 to 15 minutes. This should be done daily for best results.
28. Treatment of Stings and Bites:
Onions can be used to soothe stings and bug bites. All you need to do is place an onion slice on your sting or bite. The anti-inflammatory properties of onion help in reducing the burn, itchiness and swelling caused by insect and bug bites.
Onion: Hair Benefits
The benefits of onion do not end here. This layered vegetable is great for your hair as well. Onion juice is often used as a remedy for various hair problems. Some of the ways in which onion can benefit your hair are as follows.
29. Treatment of Thinning Hair:
Onion is quite helpful in treating thinning hair. All you need to do is juice an onion in a juicer and add ½ teaspoon of honey to it. You can add any essential oil of your choice to suppress the smell. Apply this mixture all over your hair or onto the portions that appear thin. Leave it overnight and do not cover your head. Shampoo your hair the next morning. This should be done at least once to thrice a week for best results.
30. Treatment of Hair Loss and Dandruff:
You can prepare a hair mask using onion to combat hair loss, dandruff and an itchy scalp. Onion juice is particularly beneficial for increasing the length of your hair. All you need to do is grind or mash an onion and strain it through a grinder to obtain the juice. Mix this juice with equal amounts of olive or coconut oil and apply it on your scalp and hair. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for 2 hours. Rinse it off with a shampoo to get rid of hair stickiness. This hair pack will improve the ability of your hair for re-growth besides imparting a shiny, glossy look to your hair. It should be applied twice a month for best results.
31. Maintains Hair Color:
You can apply onion juice on your hair to impart a nice coppery shade as well as to make your hair glossy. However, if you wish to maintain the natural color of your hair, you can blend onion with adequate amounts of mustard oil and apply it on your hair. Mustard oil will suppress the color lightening effect of onion.
32. Natural Conditioner:
To condition your hair naturally, you can apply a mixture of onion and fenugreek paste on your hair. Keep it for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
Baby onion - ছোট পেঁয়াজ - छोटा प्याज - 500g
- Product Code: Baby onion
- Availability: 2-3 Days